Get a handle on the new general market.
State of Cable & Digital Media: Multicultural is the multicultural edition of our well-known study, State of Cable & Digital Media, first fielded in 1993. We first began publishing this multicultural edition in 1999, giving us 15 years of tracking data.
Focused on telecommunication services, programming (general, in-language, and culturally relevant content), and now digital features, alternative platforms, and new technology, State of Cable & Digital Media: Multicultural is the must-have report for understanding how multicultural consumers think, feel, and act regarding media consumption.
NEW THIS YEAR: Formal Segmentation of the TV Viewing Universe
Find out how TV viewers segment based on their attitudes toward and usage of OTT platforms, genres viewed, and TV viewing habits.
Sample & Methodology
We conduct 2,000 +/- interviews among a national sample of heads of household who are TV content viewers 18+ in urban markets. For our multicultural data, we oversample to achieve 800 Hispanic homes, 600 Black homes, and 200 Asian homes. Data are weighted to Census figures by ethnicity. For Hispanic respondents, the survey is offered in Spanish or English.
If you are looking to understand how multicultural consumers think, feel, and act when it comes to multichannel, Internet, phone, and new media technologies and services, State of Cable & Digital Media: Multicultural is the report for you. Click any of the headings below to see more about the topics we cover.
Multichannel, Internet, & Telephone Services
- Penetration and spending
- Providers and satisfaction
- TV configuration in the home
- Likelihood to cancel landline, Internet, and multichannel services
Programming: General, In-Language, and Culturally Relevant
- Frequency of viewing by genre
- In-language programming packages: Subscription & satisfaction
- Frequency of watching TV programs in other languages and from other countries
- Percentage of TV viewing in English vs. in-language
- Premium subscription
- Perception of how ethnicities are represented on TV
- Capability to watch video on alternate platforms (computer, mobile devices, streamed to TV, DVR, VOD)
- Frequency of using DVR, VOD, and OTT
- Percent of viewing that is DVR, VOD, and OTT
- Impact of broadband video on pay TV subscription
- Media and technology in the home
- Ethnic profiles (languages spoken, language orientation, country of origin, amount of time in U.S.)
- Growth and usage of multichannel, Internet, and other technologies among Black, Hispanic, Asian, and White consumers
Comprehensive Report w/Management Summary
Our report will be delivered in PowerPoint format complete with charts, graphs, and written analysis with a management summary written by our senior executives.
Research Support & Data Access
Included with your subscription is the full support of our research team for industry data requests covered in our studies.
Presentation of the Findings
At your convenience, we will present the findings of the study to senior management, the research team, your internal clients, or at your management conference either in-person or via a webinar presentation.
Full Sets of Data Tabulations
In addition to our final report, you will receive our full sets of tabulations, which are run by demographics, subscription status/technology ownership, and genres viewed.
Subscription to our research periodical
Throughout the year, you will receive “Research Snap Shots” that highlight key findings from the study.