Get a handle on the new general market.
State of Cable & Digital Media: Multicultural is the multicultural edition of our well-known study, State of Cable & Digital Media, first fielded in 1993. We first began publishing this multicultural edition in 1999, giving us 12 years of tracking data.
Focused on telecommunication services, programming (general, in-language, and culturally relevant content), and now digital features, alternative platforms, and new technology, State of Cable & Digital Media: Multicultural is the must-have report for understanding how multicultural consumers think, feel, and act regarding media consumption.
Sample & Methodology
We conduct 1,500 +/- telephone interviews among a national sample of heads of households 18+ in urban markets. For our multicultural data, we oversample for at least 600 Hispanic homes, 400 Black homes, and 150 Asian homes. Data are weighted to Census figures by ethnicity. For Hispanic respondents, the survey is offered in Spanish or English.
If you are looking to understand how multicultural consumers think, feel, and act when it comes to multichannel, Internet, phone, and new media technologies and services, State of Cable & Digital Media: Multicultural is the report for you. Click any of the headings below to see more about the topics we cover.
- Penetration and spending
- Providers and satisfaction
- Likelihood to cancel landline, Internet, and multichannel services
Programming: General, In-Language, and Culturally Relevant
- Frequency of viewing by genre
- Subscription to in-language programming packages
- Interest in subscribing to in-language programming packages
- Satisfaction with in-language programming package
- Incidence of watching TV programs in other languages and from other countries
- Percentage of TV viewing in English vs. in-language
- Premium subscription
- Perception of how ethnicities are represented on TV
- Capability to watch broadband video on alternative platforms (computer, mobile devices, streamed to TV)
- Incidence of watching on alternative platform
- Percent of viewing that is broadband
- Impact of broadband video on pay TV subscription
- Penetration of VOD, DVR and HD
- Configuration in the home
- Usage of OD and DVR as compared to “live” TV
- The market for interactive services and advertising
- Media and Technology in the Home
- Ethnic Profile (languages spoken, language orientaion,
country of origin, US born vs. foreign born, and length
of time in the US)
- Growth and usage of multichannel, Internet, and other technologies among Black, Hispanic, Asian, and White consumers
Our report will be delivered in PowerPoint format complete with charts, graphs, and written analysis.
Included will be a summary written by our senior executives with implications about the data.
Presentation of the Findings
At your convenience, we will present the findings of the study to senior management, the research team, your internal clients, or at your management conference either in-person or via a webinar presentation.
Full Sets of Data Tabulations
In addition to our final report, you will receive our full sets of tabulations, which are run by demographics, subscription status/technology ownership, and genres viewed.
Two (2) complimentary passes to our annual Multicultural Media for Multicultural America Forum ($900 value)