Mobile video. iPads. Streaming content. Inform your multiplaform strategy with this inclusive study on alternative platforms.
Multiplatform Content & Services covers what consumers are thinking and doing with regard to new technology. How is the television and movie landscape changing?
Sample & Methodology
We conduct 1,000 online surveys among broadband Internet users across the entire United States; 800 18+, 200 15-17 year-olds.
Access to Internet, Technology, and Alternative Platforms
- Penetration of Internet services including Wi-Fi and other subscriptions
- Media and technology in the home including OTT devices
Web Use on Computers/Other Devices
- Average number of hours per week spent online (home, work, school, other devices)
- Frequency of accessing the web/TV and video content on alternative devices
- Frequency of performing web-based activities on computer and on other devices
- Social network participation and frequency
- Multitasking and engagement while watching traditional TV
- Online shopping behaviors
TV/Video Online and on Alternative Platforms
- Frequency of watching specific types of TV/video content online, on handhelds, and on alternative platforms
- Percent of time viewing on on handhelds and on alternative platforms vs “traditional” TV
- Specific TV content that is watched on computers, mobile, streamed
- Behaviors surrounding OTT and handheld devices compared to traditional TV
- Streaming video (including Netflix) subscription/usage
Online Brands and Sites
- Most often used search engines, web sites, and social networks
- Web sites used for specific types of video content
Relationship to New Technologies and Impact on Users’ Lives
- How respondents relate to the Internet and new technologies
- iPad and other tablets: usage, impact on users’ lives, impact on other technologies
Online and Social Media Usage Related to TV Content
- Impact of social media on tuning in and discovering new shows
- Social media behaviors around TV
Profiles of Key Segments
- Full demographic profiles of key segments, including age, ethnicity, children in HH, marital status, and more
- Growth of Internet, broadband, and alternative platforms
Our report will be delivered in PowerPoint format complete with charts, graphs, and written analysis.
Included will be a summary written by our senior executives with implications about the data.
Presentation of the Findings
At your convenience, we will present the findings of the study to senior management, the research team, your internal clients, or at your management conference either in-person or via a webinar presentation.
Full Sets of Data Tabulations
In addition to our final report, you will receive our full sets of tabulations, which are run by demographics, subscription status/technology ownership, and genres viewed.